Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Day 11 part 3 Going Door to Door...















I made up invitations for the Summer Solstice yard party tomorrow night...they have been sitting on my table for seven days or so...I have not been in the mood to go and meet people...this morning I decided to make myself go...I thought being as it would be a work day I would not run into many people (does the effort count if you do it a bit begrudgingly and in the hopes you won't actually have to do 'it'...talk?) I started off, pit in my stomach, invitations and camera in hand and went door to door. I decided as I was feeling so uneasy and panicky I would force myself to ring the bell and introduce myself.

I met our new neighbor on the corner - her name is Mary and she is Coffee Shop Bonny's daughter. She is not going to be in town for the party - but it was good to meet her. She mows her lawn with a push mower...it is quite a big lawn as it is a corner lot. I feel bad...I offered to give her my weed wacker as we now have a battery one (as I noticed she was out mowing but not able to do around the trees (something in head said don't offer...but...) She said she had one, just didn't feel like doing it - fair enough - but ug....

I then dropped one off to our neighbor to the west...I really have to find out his name I have talked to him many times - but I...well I don't think I have...learned his name...but I could have forgotten. He was disappointed to miss the party as he is heading up to Edmonton tomorrow...he said he would come another time.

I met a woman from across the street, her name is Iris (great gardening name). She has a cute picket fence. She has what I am pretty sure is White Woodruff in her front...she says she cuts it back like crazy and it just 'keeps grown'n". She offered me some, so I will go over sometime to get some...having a ground cover like that can be a nuisance because it can be invasive...but it does keep the 'weeds' out. Below is a picture of the front of her yard. You can see is directly across from us.















I then went across the street to Leanne's house and knocked on the door...I was met by a smiley young guy...














I took a few pictures of the stairs and entry ways of the houses as I went. Here are four stairways...they are in a row starting on the corner....our stairs are missing but would be in between the second and third. All the sidewalks on the north side of my block have these stairs






















The corner house on 13th street and Barry/Lorraine/Allysa, Laura's house.







The below photos are of Joanne's walkway and Dagmar's deck rocks...see previous posts for my fetish of rocks

No comments: