Friday, June 22, 2007

Day 13 Summer Solstice















I am kinda tired after the evening last night...so this post will be short...if you want to see a few pictures of the wonderful evening they are here http://uleth.facebook.com/album.php?aid=30157&l=7ba4a&id=802530053

It was a great first Summer Solstice celebration, and one that seems like it will become an annual event (although my friend Brian said you don't call it annual event until it has happened two years in a row...so for now it will be a prospective annual event).

We did garden tours, shared good food and got to know each other a bit better. It was an eclectic crowd...and that was lovely. Some of us stayed up until one...which was a bit later than sundown...I am hoping we did not keep the neighbors awake, as all of the neighbors had gone home by then. Today I had Felix (my nephew for the morning). Felix and I watered the garden and walked across the street to return Iris and Nicki's bowl, we returned it with a Peony floating in it as Iris commented last night that she loved the smell of Peonies...the scent is heady, and the are one of my favorite flowers...most of the spring flowers are...maybe I am just sentimental about them as they come first after the winter. I am just noticing that most of the very fragrant flowers are spring flowers (Lily of the Valley, Lilac, Peonies...). Tonight we went over to Dana and Annie's garden...everything is growing like crazy.

No comments: