Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Day 3 Friends, Catmint and Wind















Checked on the plants, they are braving the wind, some are taking it better than others. The wind is really starting to get to me...it has not stopped for three days.

I had a coffee with my friend, and fellow grad student, Maria. We did not discuss the garden project but rather her future, and rental/landlord horror stories. I lent her my bike for a couple months as she needed one. She suggested we get together weekly over the summer, so we have arranged to do so. It is great to keep in contact with friends, something I struggle to do...this project has forced me into more interaction which is good.

We decided we are going to put up a bit of a wind break on the west side of the boulevard because the tomatoes are on that side and they are really getting whipped around.

I took Fury, one of my two cats, down to the garden and she rolled, rubbed and purred in the cat mint. I was envious of her, she seemed so content...and maybe a bit high.

Tried to sit out last night, but it was just too cold and windy. The wind might have been making me cranky.

1 comment:

Sure said...

Marc Slingerland just forwarded me this link...pretty cool

http://archidose.blogspot.com/2007/06/bronx-spirale.html