Monday, August 27, 2007

Day 78 Do you know your grass?

Okay...see the grass in amongst the Lemon Balm?...the kinda Bamboo'e' lookin' stuff...?

Do you know what it is? I planted it a couple of years ago, but I can not remember what it is. It has self seeded through the garden...

I really like it, I will pot some up and leave them in the Boulevarden...but if you know what the name is it would be super cool to find out.

As I type this I am listening to Rita Lee...she is a Brazilian 80's pop star...well maybe she is still a 'star'...but anyway she has covered some Beatles songs...and they are a earful of sugary pop...but great at the same time, you know?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey loralee,
this grass is equisetum arvense- horsetails. They are apparently very ancient plants from the age of the dinosaurs. Rumour has it their roots go very, very deep. They grow on Hornby in the ditches, and Dana and I saw them (very tall ones) in the ancient plants section of the San Francisco Botanical Gardens...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equisetum_arvense

Sure said...

Thanks Annie...I love things whose 'roots go very, very deep'.

Would you and Dana like one?