Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Day 73 Oh fer fruit's sake




So a couple of posts ago I talked about our "watermelon"...only problem is...we don't have any watermelon in Boulevarden. However, we do have Pumpkin plant that for some reason ever since we planted I keep calling a Watermelon...I am thinking that could be why someone harvested a green Pumpkin. OOOOps! Sorry to who ever got home to slice open the melon to find unripe pumpkin : /

The Plu
ms are almost gone...In the last couple weeks I put out 8 or so crates. We had a wonderful crop, I have heard from others that they have had great fruit crops as well, so it must be a good fruit year. Some people have taken a bag full of plums to share with their family or to make preserves. However, most of the plums were eaten by folks who take one or two to eat as they walk by. There are some neighbourhood kids who come by the Boulevarden several times a day on their bikes to take a few plums. I can never get out to the garden fast enough to introduce myself...I snapped this picture just as the girl was riding off...yes I realize I sound like I am capturing rare images of the Yeti or something...but I just really hope one time I will get to meet and chat with the kids.
My Mom just called me and she has an abundance of Pears on her tree so she is going to bring some over to leave in the Boulevarden. She said that she was waiting for them to turn yellow, but then noticed that her Pears are green when they are ripe - she said they are scrump-tuuuu-lish-issss! So Monday there will be a new treat for those walking by who may be sick of Plums : )



No comments: