Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Day 66 Mayor Tarleck visits the Boulevarden...Negative comments are NOT deleted...Link for the radio interview


This morning there was a knock on my door...it was Mayor Tarleck. He wanted to congratulate me on the garden.He said it was beautiful and that the City encourages people to take care of their yards/gardens. Mayor Tarleck said he hates to see when the grass is dead and yellow or when people take out the grass and put in gravel, "low maintenance is not no maintenance" he said...I agreed.

He then told me about the garden students at Wilson School have planted and maintained - it is done with all native plants. How wonderful - I am going to go by there tonight for a tour.


I told him it meant a lot to me that he stopped by...as I had gotten some negative emails, especially one that compared the Boulevarden to spraying graffiti on the wall of city hall. He jokingly asked if this was environmental graffiti...I assured him it is the only kind I engage in...we chatted for a bit...then I gave him a yellow tomato and he went on his way.

Okay...better get back to thesis writing now...but wasn't it nice he stopped by? The only thing is he may have compromised my 'guerrilla' cred'...ha! : )


I just received this anonymous comment:
"I visited your site the other day to read the comments on your blog. I noticed that there was more than one comment that did not agree with your garden. I find it very interesting that these are not showing up on your site anymore. You say you will record daily interactions however you seem to only post the positive ones. Very Interesting!!!

I am not saying if I agree with you or not but if you are going to post comments you should post all of them."

PLEASE NOTE Anonymous:
The comments have NOT been removed and are in the same location on the blog as they always were, at the bottom of yesterday's post. There is a line that contains the word 'comments'...if you click on Comments you can read all the comments from that day (the comment you sent today is at the bottom of this blog entry). You will see that there are now 6 comments from yesterday...and the 'negative' comments are still there - I believe us should have an equal voice - I have not, and will not, edit or remove negative comments.

For the many of you have asked for the link to hear the radio interview...the link to the CBC site is posted below
http://www.cbc.ca/wildrosecountry/

I have not heard the interview yet as I can not get it to come up on my Mac...hmmm...
Update...I just got to listen to the interview...do I really have a lisp?...weird

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I visited your site the other day to read the comments on your blog. I noticed that there was more than one comment that did not agree with your garden. I find it very interesting that these are not showing up on your site anymore. You say you will record daily interactions however you seem to only post the positive ones. Very Interesting!!!

I am not saying if I agree with you or not but if you are going to post comments you should post all of them.

Sure said...

PLEASE NOTE Anonymous:
The comments have NOT been removed and are in the same location on the blog as they always were, at the bottom of yesterday's post. There is a line that contains the word 'comments'...if you click on comments you can read all the comments (your comment from today is at the bottom of this entry). You will see that there are 6 comments now...and the 'negative' comments are still there - I believe in all of us having an equal voice - I have not and will not edit or remove negative comments.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you got negative comments; it seems there's always a naysayer or
two hiding in the woodwork. Maybe you could park a huge RV in front of your
house and see how they like that.
Take care,
Caroline

Anonymous said...

Sorry Frater Tham...I deleted your post by accident...here it is as posted:
Civic government ideally exists to administrate infrastructure and hold land in trust on behalf of its citizens. The City is not a private entity, but an expression of its collective populace. Responsible stewardship over community/communal assets shouldn't be construed as vandalism. I would ask what the boulevards that the city holds in trust are earmarked for? How has their been a serious change in that earmarked use? It is not as if there has been a defacement (if you call beautifying and sharing defacement) of private property.

Fr. Tham