Sunday, August 5, 2007

Day 55 Garden of Love



















Today we had a lovely visit from Dana, Annie and Myles. They brought us apples from their tree and flowers from their garden, and I was able to snuggle Myles, sigh.

We were able to give them a Tomato...which was shaped like a heart...how appropriate (we only had one ripe right now, we have been giving quite a few away, which is great) and some Basil.


















We also had a visit from a family who were biking by...they had biked by when we were first planting the garden, so they were surprised at the garden's growth. He reminded me that when they first came by the Boulevarden they had asked us how we would ensure that no one stole the garden bounty, and that I had explained to them that sharing the garden was it's purpose...that this was a community garden. He seemed amused by that...

He (I keep saying 'he' and 'they' because...I feel so bad...I did not get their names...ug) said he had some organic dust for the cabbages that you 'put on just before eating them'. I confessed that I had never planted cabbage before...and did not know what the 'dust' was...he said he would bring it by and let me know about it.

They took some Basil and a yellow Tomato and started to ride away...as he rode away he asked what we thought he could bring from his garden, what we might need...I was not sure, he said he would think about it.

What a great day.

No comments: