Monday, July 9, 2007

Day 28 Betty and I Get New Rocks n' Stuff















Today I went (in my VW van Betty...above) to get more mulch and to purchase a large rock. The rock is for the Boulevarden, I wanted a large flat one to use for an information/explanation panel of sorts. It cost $15 bucks, which isn't a lot of money, but seems like a lot of money for a rock...however it should work well. Going to Burno to get the rock and mulch was an impulse decision and so I arrived in high heels (yes I looked like an ass wobbling around the yard looking for a rock). A (smiley young) man loaded the mulch for me, which was really nice, but again I felt like an idiot standing there in heels watching someone else load my van...sigh...oh well. Below is 'the' rock.















I have started the labeling process...labeling all of the plants in the Boulevarden with smaller rocks (that I have collected). Eventually I will a post the full names of the plants, and detail if they are annuals or perennials, drought tolerant, native and so on...yada yada...that will come soon. Below is the labeling in the herb garden.

P.S. I have just realized that I have labeled the Asparagus...Asparagas...ug

No comments: