Saturday, July 26, 2008

Kathy's Accidental Garden

Hens and Chicks in bloom - aren't they beautiful?! Kathy, my sister-in-law and avid gardener sent me these pictures with a note: "I planted (the hens and chicks) outside the back gate in the field last fall. I just shoved them out there because I didn't know where else to put them and now they are all flowering! I'm going to put some other stuff out there as well and see how they go... so fun to see stuff growing out there."

Her garden in Calgary and it is, well...just freak'n amazing. It is always a pleasure to visit and see what she has added be it a pond!, trellis, or more plants. She sent me a note with some pictures a couple of weeks ago.

Kathy's back yard backs on to a field with a dog walking path - so as she adds plants the accidental/purposeful garden will be appreciated by those who walk by...wonderful!

No comments: