Monday, September 1, 2008

Reunions and a Hen

My friend Kelly has returned after a summer of traveling and art residences...lucky very talented girl. It is nice to have her home for a bit. We caught up a bit and then took a walk to another friend to see his hen (I will leave his name off so that no fowl business will occur). As we were walking we passed one of my favourite front yards on 7th Ave...it is done with drought tolerant plants and looks lovely. They have also planted their boulevard. Their neighbour has also done some great landscaping. The boulevard is pictured above the front garden below.

As we were walking we met Hannah another friend who joined us on our journey. I have not seen her since June so it was lovely to visit - even if it was brief - her smile lasts in memory for a long time fortunately.

The hen was lovely and one of the hen's keepers said that her daughter comes out and visits with the hen every day - and when she has a bad day she says, "I am going out to see the hen"..."it calms her" she said. I love the idea of fresh eggs, chickens in my yard...but I will stick to veggies...for now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would worry about all the cats in my neighborhood.. do they have any problems with cats and the hen?

Sure said...

Actually they said that they had mice in the compost and since the cats are a bit 'curious' they get the mice and the chicken has been fine. Knock on wood...