Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Cameron and Spencer!


Today was great for several reasons - one b
eing Cameron and Spencer dropped by the Boulevarden (I am sorry Cameron if I have been calling you Campbell - for some reason that was the name I had in my head but I see looking at the note I made when you stopped by before I wrote Cameron...oops). I have talked about Cameron and Spencer before - they are neighbourhood boys you visit the garden all most daily I learned today. They have been watching the tomatoes and waiting for them to be perfect...which would have been today - they came and they were gone. Sad. But we (actually they) found some cherry tomatoes, strawberries and a zucchini to take with them. Spencer found a 'funny tiny one' pictured below


Cameron had dropped off a Shamrock for me...the 'seed' is a corm I think he calls it - he says 'it looks like a pineapple'...which it does - see the picture below of him holding the 'corm'. We decided to dig it up and I would plant it inside.


In another post I will add in the instructions Cameron has for the care and SHARING of a Shamrock plant. Cameron was very precise...while Cameron was giving me instructions and tips, Spencer was crouched down eating the flat leave parsley...seriously cute! I gave Cameron a cutting off my Jade plant.

One of the times they were here in the last bit, Cameron, Spencer and Rhonda their mom were by to take some of the plant volunteers in the garden (some Phlox, Chinese Lanterns, and Black Eyed Susans), but they didn't transplant so well so we are going to have a go again. Fall is better for transplanting those anyway.

Spencer wanted a sunflower - he chose one that was 10' tall...it was a beaut I have to say, but I told him that it would not transplant well at this time of year - he is going to take a smaller one in the upper garden another time.

Rhonda came by after a busy day of work and musings of missing their first day of school because she had to work...she was working at a school and she said it was a busy busy zoo. As I scurried off in a hurry to go get Paul, Rhonda asked the kids if they wanted a ride home or wanted to walk - they opted to walk. As I drove off I watched them...as they walked down the street they looked at around, said hi to a woman who walks a one legged dog in our neighbourhood, and generally just seemed to enjoy themselves.
These two precocious boys are lovely...they want to be part of a community - they foster their community - they are community.

Thanks Cameron and Spencer for making my day.

No comments: