Sunday, May 25, 2008

Gifts to and from the Boulevarden


Last night when I came home there was a flat of seedlings - some sunflowers and squash (dark zucchini, yellow zucchini and two butternut). I planted the squash and some of the sunflowers today. I found out later that Annie Martin had dropped them by. Thanks Annie.

Today - although it was very wet we spent the day in the Boulevarden - lovely. I weeded - don't you just love weeding just after a rain fall - it is oooo satisfying - the grass just pulls up. I planted some seeds - Lettuce and Swiss Chard and moved around a few plants. I then gathered some volunteers - some Sedum, Phlox, Black Eyed Susans, Sunflowers, Chives, Lemon Balm and Chi
nese Lanterns - and put them out for others to take.

We will also have some seedlings for the second downtown guerrilla gardening project. I have not checked the Coyote Garden for a few days - I will visit it tomorrow.

No comments: