Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Reminders and Rememberances


As I have said before I post pictures for people who have gone away believing that gardens call us home...I believe that the gardens that give us pleasure and peace are missed when we are away (is it only me that when standing beside a weedy patch can't help but pull out a few weeds?...especially grass that often pulls out easily - oh...that gives me such a thrill of accomplishment...or do you pull dead flower heads off and spread the seeds through out the garden? I love imagining the seeds I sewed beginning life in my absence - perhaps waiting for me to revisit)...(side note...I ONLY do this to public gardens or parking lots...well, okay I have been know to pull weeds while waiting for someone to answer their door...)


The point is I believe that the gardens that comfort and give us pleasure while we work and sit in them, can do so from a far as well...so post pictures of what I imagine are missed gardens...

Anine and Chris are visiting the west coast...which we all know is hard to leave. To help call them I am posting some garden pictures to remind them of their wonderful garden .

I only had my camera phone so the pictures are not the best, but they have a wonderful garden...that actually...kind of reminds me of a west coast garden...
*************************************************************************************************************

I actually began this post a few weeks ago and have only now been able to finish it. Paul and I were attending to Chris and Anine's garden and cats while they were away. A couple days before they came home one of their cats, Thomas, started to get very weak and passed away before they returned home. Thomas' passing while under our care was one of the hardest things we have been through...We only knew Thomas for a few weeks, but he made an impression on us and we bonded with him...as well as Weasley their other cat.

It was one of those weeks that seems to last forever and will stay with you always...

Beautiful Thomas...
Precious Weasley and I spending a night together

No comments: