Monday, September 3, 2007

Day 85 Visit from Shayna and tastey gifts

I was not home when Shayna visited the Boulevarden...I mentioned in August that she and Dominique where doing a "cross-Canada trip to seek out intentional communities and learn from their experiences."

They are blogging about what they experience at www.briarpatchmagazine.com

I was sorry to miss them...but I am glad they were able to visit the Boulevarden and take some veggies and plums for their travels. They were heading 'west' this afternoon. They have to drive at night because their car overheats in the daytime...so ug.


Today I had a great visit with Dana, Annie and Myles. Myles is growing like crazy and has a great natural 'mohawk'. Their garden is great - they have amazing tomatoes and crazy, crazy volunteer squash - that it turns out is Butternut Squash (yea!!), and they have half a dozen or so...yum, yum. Annie picked me a container of yellow, orange and red Cherry Tomatoes to take home...they were wonderful. We had them with some cheese, avocado, and pumpernickel bread for supper.

1 comment:

Shayna said...

I was sorry to miss you too, Loralee. Check out our latest posting: http://blog.thismagazine.ca/routes/archives/2007/09/paul_and_lorale.html

we also have a website: www.gettingofftrack.com

Keep doing what you're doing. I think it's wonderfully inspirational.

peace
Shayna